There is no clear cut process to being picked to participate in the Amazon Vine program but here are some steps that can increase your odds.
- Make sure your Amazon account is in good standing.
- Review products – even if you purchase a product somewhere else create a review for it on Amazon.
- Be concise. Get to the point. The mega-long reviews tend to be ignored especially if they’re just one big block of text. One word per dollar of cost is a good rule of thumb. A thousand word review for a $10 dollar item will be ignored and a 10 word review for a $1,000 item will also be ignored.
- If you do write a long review – break it up into sections. Use paragraphs to break it up. Long blocks of texts with no breaks are ugly and tend to be avoided. If you’re reviewing a complicated product break your review up into sections so the reader can skip to the parts that are important to him/her.
- Be specific. “It works pretty good.” or “It stinks” doesn’t give the shopper much to go on. Mention the quality of the product and give specific reasons why something is good or bad.
- Don’t write fake reviews.
- Cross your fingers. Amazon’s method of choosing vine participants is a bit of a mystery but doing the above will increase your odds of being chosen. Even if you’re not chosen your reviews will be much more helpful to others and that is a good thing. Good luck.